N2WS Backup and Recovery Instance is now supporting the monitoring of backups, DR, copy to S3, alerts, and more by Datadog. Datadog is a monitoring service for cloud-scale applications, providing monitoring of servers, databases, tools, and services, through a SaaS-based data analytics platform. Datadog will allow CPM users to monitor and analyze the N2WS Backup and Recovery Dashboard metrics.
You can load a ready-made Datadog template to monitor N2WS with the Datadog client at https://support.n2ws.com/portal/en/kb/articles/datadog-templates. Or, you can use the following procedure:
To activate the service and to monitor your N2WS instance:
Setup Datadog Account.
a. Visit Datadog at https://www.datadoghq.com/pricing/ and set up an account that fits your scale.
Install Python Integration.
a. Login to Datadog and go to Integrations > Integrations.
b. Search for ‘Python’ and install it:
3. Enable Datadog support on N2WS Instance.
a. Connect to your N2WS Backup and Recovery Instance with SSH Client.
c. Add the following lines to
service apache2 restart.
4. Install Datadog Agent on N2WS Instance. a. Login to Datadog and go to Integrations > Agent > Ubuntu:
b. Copy the agent ‘easy one-step install’ command line:
c. Connect to your N2WS Backup and Recovery Instance with SSH Client, type
sudo su and run the agent Install command.
d. Restart the Datadog Agent:
sudo service datadog-agent restart
5. Setup Datadog Dashboard metrics.
a. Log in to Datadog and go to Metrics > Explorer.
b. In the Graph list, select your metrics. All N2WS metrics begin with
cpm_ followed by
c. In the Over list, select data. You can either select a specific user or the entire N2WS instance. All N2WS user data begins with
cpm:user: followed by
6. Configure your Datadog dashboard by using the N2WS template or creating your own dashboards, and choose the data to monitor. a. To use the N2WS template: i. In Datadog Integrations at https://app.datadoghq.com/account/settings#integrations, search for the 'N2WS' tile and install it. You will get 3 types of dashboards for your account: 'N2WSBackup&Recovery-Graphicalversion' 'N2WSBackup&Recovery-Graphicalversion-areas' 'N2WSBackup&Recovery-Squaresdashboard' ii. Alternatively, you can import JSON templates from N2WS at https://support.n2ws.com/portal/en/kb/articles/datadog-templates iii. You can modify the dashboard after creating it. b. To create a Datadog dashboard: i. Go to Dashboards and select New Dashboard.
ii. Add a graph type by dragging and dropping its template to the dashboard:
iii. Edit the graph for the data to be monitored:
iv. Save the graph settings.
7. View N2WS Alerts on Datadog Events. a. Log in to Datadog and go to Events. b. View your instance alerts:
If you have restricted outbound traffic, you can proxy all Datadog Agent traffic through different hosts.
Connect to your N2WS Backup and Recovery Instance with SSH Client.
2. Enable proxy: section on
3. Add your proxy IP, port, username, and password:
https: "http://your-proxy-IP:your-proxy-port"http: "http://your-proxy-IP:your-proxy-port"
4. Validate datadog.yaml on https://yamlchecker.com/.
For additional proxy configuration options, see https://docs.datadoghq.com/agent/proxy/